Get The Best
Body Contouring with our partners offers a variety of techniques with experienced specialists, achieving the body shape you want while having peace of mind.
At uMedMarket, we know the system. We make sure nothing is left out and that you are comfortable before you commit. If there is something you don’t like, we’ll make it right at the start.
The Right Surgeon
We want to make sure you and the surgeon match. If things start poorly, they end poorly, and no one wants that.
We want to make sure you feel comfortable with how far you are from home. Close or far, we’ll work with you.
Get A Great Price
The price is important. You should know the price before you commit. We’ll make sure all the costs are clear.
Love The Outcome
When you’re all done, we want you to love it. If you don’t, we make sure to work with you to fix any issues you see.
All About Body Contouring
What Is Body Contouring
Types of Body Contouring
Body Contouring uses a variety of methods to change the shape of your body, primarily through shrinking, removing or relocating fat tissue. Most people think of liposuction when they think body contouring, but there are many different methods, some invasive like liposuction and some non-invasive like cool sculpting. The approach depends on the body area and your personal goals. Body Contouring also includes things like a tummy tuck, buttock lift, thigh lift and more. It generally refers to the overall shape of your body, like the silhouette. The expert provider you select will discuss your options with you and make specific recommendations for you to reach your goals. These are some of the most common effective procedures:
- Non-invasive (no needles or incisions): These options for fat reduction include technology that uses cooling or heat to reduce fat cells. While none of these treatments are a replacement for liposuction, they provide options for patients unwilling or unable to undergo surgery. Patients who are pregnant or breastfeeding should not have any of these procedures.
- CoolSculpting® – Also called Cryolipolysis and uses cold temperature to break down fat cells. The fat cells are particularly susceptible to the effects of cold, unlike other types of cells. While the fat cells freeze, the skin and other structures are spared from injury. This is one of the most popular non-invasive forms of fat reduction treatment, with over 450,000 procedures performed worldwide.
- SculpSure® – Known as Laser Lipolysis, this technique uses laser energy delivered through an applicator. The fat cells are preferentially heated and disrupted without impacting other types of cells in the skin or other structures. There are multiple laser methods with a variety of names.
- Vanquish® -This is called Radiofrquency Lipolysis and uses a radio frequency to heat the fat without an instrument even touching you. The applicator heats from a distance of about one centimeter from the skin. Fat cells are preferentially heated without impacting other types of cells in the skin or other structures. There are multiple radiofrequency heating methods.
- Invasive (requires needles or an incision):
- Injection Lipolysis: this involves needle injection of a chemical that reduces the number of fat cells around the injection site. Currently, it is FDA-approved for treatment of the area underneath the chin to eliminate what is known as a “double chin.” A commonly known type of injection lipolysis is Kybella.
- Liposuction: Laser, Power-assisted, ultrasonic-assisted and more are all methods of physically removing fat. It typically requires a small incision and general anesthesia (meaning you’ll be unconscious during the procedure and where a significant portion of the cost comes from) and can be done as an outpatient procedure (meaning you don’t have to be in the hospital for it). You can learn more here.
How Body Contouring Works
Non-invasive fat reduction techniques are generally performed in the office at your convenience. Some are as quick as 30 minutes or so, while others can take several hours, particularly if you are having multiple areas treated. Sometimes it can be done over lunch and you can return to work right after.
For invasive fat reduction procedures, there will likely be anesthesia. Then while you are unconscious, the surgeon will do the procedure or procedures. Once your procedure is completed, the surgeon and their staff will care for you and make sure everything is okay until you are fully recovered. Depending on the procedure, they may keep you at their facility for a little while and then send you home with a companion. If you ever have any questions or concerns, contact them immediately. It's better to ask a question that ends up being unimportant than not asking a question that would have been important.