uMed Market is an online shopping service designed to make shopping for healthcare easy!
We help you not only shop for your healthcare services, but also see what the price is before you pay and save while doing it. If driving 10 extra minutes is worth it to you to save a few hundred dollars, you can make that choice. If you’d rather pay the extra money for a slightly higher rated facility, we help you make that choice too.
What Is uMedMarket?
Its an online shopping site for local cash healthcare services that works like Kayak.com but for healthcare. uMedMarket can be used three ways:
The Shopping Service: This service allows you to shop for cash discounted medical care by service, provider, price, location and ratings. You can schedule service online or schedule yourself, whichever you prefer. This service requires an annual subscription purchased by your employer or by you individually but gives you unlimited access to shopping at no additional cost. You must pay cash to the provider at the time of service. The premium subscription also allows you to request custom bids for primary care, outpatient procedures such as endoscopy, outpatient surgery or even in-patient major surgery. We will personally work with you to find and price options for you. These high cost services may require travel to get the best price and quality.
- The Voucher Service: This service allows you to shop for a single service by price, general location and rating. When you purchase a voucher, you pay online right then and the provider contacts you directly to schedule service. This is a one-time purchase with no subscription or other fees. This service is expected to go live in the Fall of 2019.
- The Concierge Service: Concierge shopping is a stand alone custom service for high cost medical services (but is included in the highest level subscription shopping service). With this service we will shop any high cost service you need, from knee surgery to cardiac bypass surgery. We will find options for you based on your priorities. If low cost is the primary objective, we can find high quality US providers for the service you need, though you may need to travel and stay in a hotel overnight. We can find ultra-low cost quality options if you are willing to travel internationally. If quality/experience of the provider is the primary objective, we can find a provider that specializes in the specialty service you need and performs that service at a high frequency with excellent outcomes. Again, you may need to travel and stay in a hotel overnight. uMedMarket is committed to bringing choice and competition to healthcare.
It’s as simple as 4 or 5 clicks and you can save big, sometimes as much as 3-4x the cost of services at a hospital outpatient facility.
How Much Does uMedMarket Cost?
- The Shopping Service Prices:
- uMed Free: offers generic medication shopping. This is free.
- uMed Basic: Combines uMed Free service plus unlimited shopping for cash discounted services like labs, X-rays and scans. This is $8 per month or $96 per year.
- uMed Plus: Combines uMed Basic service plus unlimited 24/7/365 access to a doctor over the phone or video chat for your entire household. This is $18 per month or $216 per year.
- uMed TotalCare: Combines uMed Plus service plus shopping for primary care, outpatient procedures such as endoscopy, outpatient surgery or even in-patient major surgery. We will personally work with you to find and price options for you. These high cost services may require travel to get the best price and quality.This is $23 per month or $276 per year.
- The Voucher Service Prices:
- The cost of a Voucher is the provider’s fee and uMedMarket’s service fee.
- When the Voucher Service goes live in the Fall 2019, you will be able to shop online at uMedMarket.com for Vouchers.
- The Concierge Service Prices:
- The cost of the concierge service is the provider’s fee and uMedMarket’s service fee.
- You will generally be presented with several options and the fees may vary.
Will uMedMarket Services Count Toward My Insurance Deductible?
Probably not but maybe. Most insurers will treat uMedMarket services as ‘out-of-network’ and so may not count them toward your deductible. Insurers want you to use their network. But, it’s worth appealing to your insurer to count you cash expense toward your deductible. You will get a cash receipt to document the service but the uMedMarket provider will not file an insurance claim for you since they have already been paid by you.
Can I Use My Insurance For uMedMarket?
Most insurance network prices are significantly higher than uMedMarket prices, so if you use your insurance, the price will be higher. For high cost services, your co-pay or co-insurance alone is frequently more than the uMedMarket price. So, first ask for the uMedMarket price. If you present your insurance card, the provider is obligated to charge you the insurance network price for services.
Will uMedMarket Service Count Toward My Out-of-Pocket Maximum For My Insurance?
Probably not but maybe. Most insurers will treat uMedMarket services as ‘out-of-network’ and thus may not count them toward your Out-of-Pocket Maximum. Insurers want you to use their network. But, it’s worth appealing to your insurer to count your cash expense toward your Out-of-Pocket Maximum. You will get a cash receipt to document the service but the uMedMarket provider will not file an insurance claim for you since they have already been paid by you.
How Does uMedMarket Save Money?
Since uMedMarket is not insurance and requires cash payment, providers can offer big discounts because they avoid the cost and hassle of insurance and collections. And uMedMarket works mostly with independent providers, not hospitals, who are competing for your business. Hospital based services are generally much more expensive than independent providers. Independent providers commonly charge less than ½ the cost of hospital based services with an equal or greater level of quality and service!.
Does uMedMarket Work For My Entire Household?
Yes! A uMedMarket subscription includes all persons who permanently live at the subscriber’s address.
Share Or Save