uMedMarket is a startup in Greenville, SC. We are looking to change the way people find their healthcare. The current system is complicated and expensive. We want to make it simple and affordable. We do this by leveraging our knowledge and understanding of the system. We make it simple and cost effective for our users.
We aim to change how you find your healthcare. We balance location, cost, quality, and service then post it online for you to see.
David Grisell D.O., MBA
David has been a physician for nearly 35 years. He has practiced in a private practice, hospital setting and in academic practice at a university. His experiences gave him the idea for uMedMarket to help people have more access, more control and avoid the financial surprises that many people encounter in healthcare today.
- 30+ Years Of Medical Experience
- Super Angel - VentureSouth
- Masters in Business Administration From Clemson University
- Help Run 9+ Clinical Trials for life changing treatments
- Radiation Oncologist & Co-PI NCORP of the Carolinas
- Published multiple scholarly articles, papers and studies
- Associate Professor Of Radiation Oncology - University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
- Medical Director - Holmes Regional Radiation Oncology Center
- Staff Radiation Oncologist - US Army Medical Corp.
- Board Certified In Radiation Oncology by American Board of Radiology
- The National Cancer Institute - Radiation Oncology Residency
- Board Certified In Internal Medicine by American Board of Internal Medicine
- Broom Army Medical Center - Internal Medicine Residency
- University of North Texas Health Science Center - Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- The University of Texas Medical Branch - Bachelor of Science - Clinical Laboratory Science
Dan Grisell, EIT, MBA
Dan Grisell (son of David) is a Mechanical Engineer by training. He graduated from Georgia Tech in 2015. After a few years at a food and beverage packaging firm, he decided to follow in his father's footsteps and get his MBAe from Clemson. During his MBA program Dan has worked in the uMed Market business, building the website and has learned how broken the healthcare system truly is.
- Masters of Business Administration - Clemson University
- Design Engineer - The Haskell Company
- Certified Engineer In Training
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering - Georgia Institute of Technology
The Healthcare Blog
We list our recommendations by city and recommend a single high quality provider with the best combination of great value and great service in that area. That way you don't spend your time trying to discover that on your own. We do the research for you.
We look at all providers, including hospitals, to figure out what their prices are. If appropriate, we will negotiate the price for our customers. We can do this because we bring multiple customers to the table and are able to negotiate a cash discount for you.
We only recommend providers that are vetted by a licensed physician that knows how to determine the quality of a provider. We check licenses, databases and official reviews to ensure quality. We find and recommend only the best.
We personally screen providers for the quality of their office environment, the effectiveness of their office staff and their patient satisfaction on Yelp, Google ratings and Consumer Checkbook. We post our own user satisfaction rating for providers, once we have at least 40 ratings.