Frequently Asked Questions
Most frequent questions and answers
Its an online shopping site for local cash healthcare services in upstate South Carolina. It works like Kayak.com but for healthcare. uMedMarket can be used two ways:
- Online Shopping: uMedMarket.com allows you to shop online for cash discounted medical care by service and lists price, general location and provider ratings. You purchase online and the provider contacts you directly to schedule service. If you need a service not on our list, simply contact us and we will find the best available service at the best price.
- The Concierge Service: Concierge shopping is for high cost medical services. With this service we will shop any high cost service you need, from knee surgery to cardiac bypass surgery. We will find options for you based on your priorities. If your priority is the highest quality provider with the greatest experience, we can find that for you. If your priority is cost, we can find several options for you with high quality providers in the USA that will likely be less than half the cost of the same service at your local hospital. For very high-cost medical or surgical procedures that are not covered by insurance, you can also consider a high quality international provider at very competitive cash prices. If you are interested, just complete an online request.
It’s as simple as 4 or 5 clicks and you can save big, sometimes as much as 3-4x the cost of services at a hospital based facility.
- Online Shopping:
- The cost of a online purchase is the fee listed. This includes the provider’s fee and uMedMarket’s service fee.
- This listed fee is all-inclusive, so there are never any ‘surprise’ charges.
- The Concierge Service:
- The cost of the concierge service is the provider’s fee and uMedMarket’s service fee.
- You will generally be presented with several options and the fees may vary.
- You only pay if you are comfortable with the provider and the treatment plan after interacting with the provider. You may be responsible for a listed consultation fee if you decline the provider after your interaction with them.
Most insurance network prices are significantly higher than uMedMarket prices, so if you use your insurance, the price will be higher. For high cost services, your co-pay or co-insurance alone is frequently more than the uMedMarket price. So, first ask for the uMedMarket price. If you present your insurance card, the provider is obligated to charge you the insurance network price for services.
Its up to your insurer. Some insurers will accept it because its low cost. Others treat uMedMarket services as ‘out-of-network’ and some may not count them toward your deductible at all. It’s worth submitting the voucher to your insurer (it lists the price and service) to count toward your deductible. The uMedMarket provider will not file an insurance claim for you since they have been paid by you on a cash basis.
Its up to your insurer. Some insurers will accept it because its low cost. Some insurers will treat uMedMarket services as ‘out-of-network’ and thus may not count them toward your Out-of-Pocket Maximum. It’s worth submitting the voucher to your insurer (it lists the price and service) to count toward your Out-of-Pocket Maximum. The uMedMarket provider will not file an insurance claim for you since they have already been paid by you on a cash basis.
Since uMedMarket is not insurance and requires cash payment, providers can offer big discounts because they avoid the cost and hassle of insurance and collections. And uMedMarket works mostly with independent providers, not hospitals, who are competing for your business. Hospital based services are generally much more expensive than independent providers. Independent providers commonly charge less than ½ the cost of hospital based services with an equal or greater level of quality and service!.